The Creating Confident Eaters Program™
We’re delighted you took the plunge and have registered for the program.
It’s going to be so exciting to work with you week by week and see how much you benefit from the tools we’ll be sharing.
Parents are the ones best placed to work with their child. No one is more invested, spends as much time or knows a child like their parent. However, feeding is complex and when things go awry it can be challenging to know what to do.
Do not fear. The Creating Confident Eaters Program is going to:
1. Give you the tools so you know what to do, how to do it and why you’re doing it.
2. Will help you build a plan, so you know that each day you are maximising your chances of success.
3. Help you return calm, fun and joy back into the eating realm!
A few housekeeping items
- This is designed to be a full family program – the more it works for everyone, the better. Focusing on one child can inadvertently put them in the spotlight and that can increase pressure. My suggestion is therefore that when I suggest new ways to approach food, for example, introducing eating opportunities (our focus for week one), that these are followed by the adults and other siblings.
- Should you explain what you’re doing to your child? – There is no wrong or right answer here. In general, I would recommend that for children old enough to question changes that you explain that eating is – and here you can insert whatever is a fit for your child* – so you are going to be making some changes.(eg. *boring for you.*stressful for you.*making it tough when you go for sleepovers.*difficult because we all like different foods).
- Share with principle family caregivers – I encourage you to get mum, dad, grandparents, anyone within the family who is involved with your child to watch the videos (although I do not recommend children watch them). Please do not share outside the family as the price only covers your access.
So let's dive in!
Please fill in the parent questionnaire
You will have received a Word and a PDF version of the parent questionnaire to fill in sent to your e-mail.
These are necessary so advice can be tailored to your family and your child’s age and stage.
If you can please e-mail these directly to Judith: Judith@theconfidenteater.com
If it’s easier not to use the forms, please feel free to list the information in an e-mail and number the points so it’s clear which question you are answering.
If you have recently had an initial consultation with Judith you will not need to fill in the questionnaire unless there have been major changes to your child’s eating habits.