Getting the children eating
The Mellow mealtimes masterclass™ is designed to give you, the parent, the tools you need to change the feeding dynamic in your house and the knowledge and support to make it work.
Including Encouraging exploration™ basics and advanced.
- Learn how to approach food and feeding and use the language, structure and dynamics that are critical for progress.
- No more second guessing whether you are doing things the ‘right’ way.
- Gain insight into how eating works and create the foundations essential for next steps.
- Finally a program that gives you a step-by-step process to encourage your child to taste and add new foods.
- Create gentle, kind and fun ways to build comfort around new foods.
- Foster a positive approach, a love of food and confidence around meals.
Let us tailor strategies personalised to your family and your child. Unlimited support for 3 months is also on offer to ensure you are able to implement changes confidently.
The program was designed for families who have children that have more protracted eating issues or for parents who feel that having all the knowledge up front, personalised, and tailored is appropriate for their family.
If you check most of the boxes in the list below then I would recommend the Mellow mealtimes masterclass™ as the best option for your family.
Please get in touch to organise a time to talk. We are happy to arrange a no-cost initial appointment to look at what the issues are and confirm which program is appropriate.
Let’s find a time for the masterclass that suits you – during the day, after work or Saturdays – and get all significant care-givers together so everyone is on the same page.
Is this program for your family?
- You think of your child as fussy or picky.
- Your child struggles to try or add new foods.
- You are cooking more than one meal per night.
- Meals are frustrating, stressful or miserable.
- Your child is dropping foods previously accepted.
- Your child has an “odd” or disordered approach to food or feeding.
- Social occasions and/or meals out are challenging.
- Your child doesn’t eat from whole food groups.
- Eating issues have been apparent for a long time.
- You want to change what’s happening in regards to food and feeding in your house.
The Mellow mealtimes masterclass™
The first section explains the theory behind the eating. What it is, how it works and why it works.
- Understanding current, internationally recognised feeding theory is critically important. Let’s create a solid foundation so you know your language, your approach and the dynamics around food and feeding are supportive. Many of the best strategies fail when we are not approaching them correctly.
- Having all principal care-givers on the same page and using the same methods, language and approach is critical for optimal results.
- Often meals are not pleasant when we have a child who is not eating widely. Learning how to reset the feeding dynamic is really important for returning the joy to meals and mealtimes.
- Making changes – specific to your family
The second section is longer, and explores how to implement that feeding theory in your house, with your child and their specific dietary requirements/restrictions.
- Firstly we’ll go through our unique 7 steps program and the 5 phases to eating and discuss how to apply in your household.
- Then we will look meal-by-meal at what is happening and how to make changes that are supportive of better eating.
Starting with breakfast we will build a plan for each meal. You will know exactly how to approach the meal.
- Explore food options that work for your child.
- Discuss strategies for maximising the chance of progress.
- Brainstorm around potential stumbling blocks.
- Tailored program to fit around your specific circumstances.
Come away confident what you are doing is best practice, you are armed with the strategies to make changes and empowered with a plan as to how to do so.
Support is offered at all stages of the program. Know that if at any stage you have a question or feel you need some additional help, that will be provided.
– Although this all may seem overwhelming and daunting, many of the strategies we implement will be positive for your child.
We will also be working very hard to slot changes into your existing routines. I’m a working parent so I get that there is only so much time and so much energy in a day!
Price only $ 397.00 (includes GST)
Outcomes from these sessions include;
- Understanding your child’s specific issues around food
- Learning how to approach meals and eating
- Creating a plan individual to your family
- Building on the success week by week
- Reducing stress at mealtimes
- Creating meals specific to to your family dynamics
- Obtaining confidence via step by step plans and intensive support
- Having a safety net available as plans are implemented
- Being 100% confident positive changes can be maintained.